Professional Halogen to LED Downlight Upgrades
Are you sick of your electricity bill being too expensive? Then switch to LED downlights!
Not only are LED’s now more affordable than ever, but they look great and can save you up to 85% less energy than normal halogen downlights.
Halogen downlights were great in their day, however, with the vast improvement and uptake of LED technology, it’s difficult to justify regularly maintaining what can only be described as a very inefficient, environmentally unfriendly fire. In fact, it’s cheaper to replace them with quality IC4 rated, maintenance-free LED downlights which provide improved lighting and consume up to 5x less energy.
If you need a downlight upgrade Wollongong or a consultation on energy efficiency, call us now on (02) 4285 6101.
Benefits of a Halogen to LED Downlight Upgrade
Our LED Downlights:
- Disperse light much more evenly (no more “pooling”)
- Provide the choice of colour temperature (Warm White, Cool White, Daylight)
- Pose a much-reduced fire and burns hazard (IC4 rated fittings are safe for installation in insulated roof spaces)
- Are maintenance-free
- Come with 3+ years manufacturer’s warranty and ATD Electrical’s lifetime workmanship guarantee
What are the advantages of Halogen to LED Downlight Upgrade?
Light emitting diodes (LEDs) have been turning up all over the place, which leads one to wonder why. What’s so great about these little lights? Why are we seeing more and more LED light bulbs cropping up on everything from cars to traffic lights?
1. LED light bulbs last longer.
Without a filament to break or burn out, LED light bulbs can last for over 100,000 hours without showing their age (that’s over eleven years at full brightness). This lifespan is twice that of typical fluorescent bulbs and twenty times longer than incandescent light bulbs.
2. They are energy efficient.
An incandescent light bulb loses 80 percent of its energy to heat, leaving only the last 20 percent for light. LED light bulbs turn this around, giving up a scant 20 percent of their energy to heat loss. Not only that, but they operate at 10 to 20 percent of the power required for incandescent bulbs of similar brightness.
3. LEDs are more colorful.
LED light bulbs can be made in a vast array of colors without the use of extra filters, which brings down production costs. They also provide a truer, brighter color than a filtered bulb.
4. LED light bulbs work in silence.
The days of humming bulbs came to an end with the creation of LEDs, so there’s no need to lose sanity listening to the thrum, tick, or ping of other light bulbs.
5. They are incredibly safe.
With so little energy lost to heat and so little energy used overall, LED light bulbs to run cool, which means no burnt fingers or burnt-down houses. They are extremely durable thanks to their solid-state construction, so there’s no broken glass to deal with, either.
6. LED light bulbs are focused.
LEDs can be made to focus without the use of extra reflectors or lenses, which means less bulk and lower cost for the same beam of light.
7. They are the best for dimming.
Incandescent bulbs turn yellow when dimmed, while LED light bulbs retain their true colors.
8. LEDs are versatile.
Thanks to the wide array of colors and shapes LEDs be made to replace almost any light bulb. Because of their diminutive size and power-sipping nature, they can be used in different electrical devices from infrared remote control lights to ultra-light headlamps.
9. LED light bulbs bring light quickly.
Lighting up to their full brightness in microseconds, LEDs are a safer choice when reaction time is a factor, like when that car in the fast lane slams on the brakes.
10. They promise a brighter future.
LED light bulbs don’t contain mercury, like compact fluorescent bulbs do. Combining that with the fact that they outlast their energy efficient cousins, makes the choice to go LED clear as day.
LED light bulbs have a staggering number of uses, and somehow they keep excelling at all of them.
How do I know if I need to upgrade my switchboard immediately?
The following are some signs that you may need to upgrade your switchboard:
- Indoor Lights Frequently Dim or Flicker.
- Your Home Relies on Fuses and a Fuse Panel.
- Old or Faulty Wiring.
- Burning or Melting.
- Circuit Breakers Fail or Trip Regularly.
- The Breaker Trips When You Plug in an Appliance.
- A Substantial Remodeling is on the Horizon.
Why ATD Electrical?
ATD Electrical (02) 4285 6101 are reliable Wollongong electricians now based in North Wollongong. Since 2004, we’ve been delivering nothing but exceptional customer service plus quality, compliant and functional electrical work throughout Wollongong and the Northern Illawarra.
Our mission is to resolve electrical problems, and respectfully ensure the electrical safety, efficiency and functionality of our customers’ homes, investments, and workplaces.
We pride ourselves on being consistently punctual, professional & productive.
Why choose ATD Electrical:
- We are locally owned and operated
- Many 5-Star customer reviews
- Recognised by Three Best Rated
- We offer 24/7 emergency electrical service & fault detection
- We’re fully licensed and insured
- We prefer to provide you with a detailed written quotation (no surprises)
- We allow you to approve the scope of work and price before commencing work
- We arrive on time or we’ll contact you beforehand
- We provide prompt, polite & friendly service
- We remove our boots or wear boot covers as appropriate
- We provide and quality workmanship and quality products
- All fittings, appliances and materials are installed to maintain manufacturer’s warranties
- We provide a lifetime warranty on our workmanship
- We clean as we go, using our own wipes, broom, dustpan & vacuum
- We leave site cleaner than we found it
- We provide multiple payment options
- We provide a Certificate of Compliance for all installations
- We provide detailed written invoices
Are you fully insured?
Yes, we hold public liability insurance up to $20,000,000.00 for any claim and other policies to manage our various risks.
Frequently Asked Questions About LED Downlight Upgrade in Wollongong
Are you looking for help with Electrical Upgrade Wollongong? We’re just one call away on (02) 4285 6101.